Are you looking for the perfect museum for your school excursion? Look no further, because we would love to welcome you and your pupils in the Museum of the Canals. Our permanent exhibition covers 400 years of the history of the Canals and is very suitable for both primary school students and high school students. We also often host visits from students of art, architecture or technology universities. The options are endless!
How the museum works
We are a small-scale museum with a lot of personal attention, so bigger groups will be divided into subgroups of max. 13 people. Every 8 minutes, our audiovisual tour starts with a beautiful movie that explains the history of the canals. The tour uses audioguides, so every student can experience the tour in a language of choice. In the meantime, other groups can experience the 18th and 19th century period rooms on our downstairs floor. Our qualified staff members will be able to answer almost any question students might have!
- Pupils aged 18 and under: € 4,- per person
- Students aged 18 or older: €12,50 per person
- Teachers or supervisors: € 4,- per person
All school visits, with or without introduction, must be reserved in advance. To make a reservation, you can either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +31 (0)20 421 1656 (monday to friday, opening hours.)
Please include the following information in your email at all times:
- When would you like to come? (date and time)
- With how many students and supervisors?
- Would you like to pay at the till, or would you rather pay afterwards by invoice?
- If you opt for an invoice, what is the invoice address?
- What language does the group speak?
- Are there any other details, for example people who have difficulty walking?